Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Latest Draft of Improvement District Legislation

The latest draft of the West Carrollton Improvement District Legislation is out.

I have concluded that I made a giant mistake when I voted for Cheryl Gray. I will most likely be voting for her opponent next time around.

The drafters of this legislation agreed to work with a represenative from Palmer Park on subsequent drafts of the legislation. However, they did not return her calls. The Pensiontown Neighborhood Association, who has had three seats on the board of this district since the legislation was first drafted had its first meeting last night.

What this suggests to me is that they want to tax us, but they really do not give a rip about what anyone else in the neighborhood thinks, as long as they can make us pay the tax. I can only assume that Ms. Gray feels the same way, or else she would have postponed drafting this legislation until after the Pensiontown Neighborhood Association had actually been in existence and accomplished something.

Further, the new draft provides that the district can purchase property. What business does a security/improvement district have buying property?

I encourage anyone who has the same concerns that I have to contact Ms. Gray and make those concerns known.

No comments: