Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Preparedness

Tranquilizer for the cat
16 gal. bottled water
8 pop top cans fruit cocktail
4 Juice boxes
1 bag beef jerky
1 jar peanut butter
Crackers
First aid kit
Electrolytes
Cooler
Ice
Charcoal
Generator
Oil
Gas
Beer
Shotguns
Ammo

Yep. Mr. Molly and I are ready for Ike. We are starting to get the outer bands already and we think that our power may go out over the weekend, but we are not expecting anything like Gustav or Katrina.

Ike is, at the time of this entry, headed for Galveston. I really wish that my sister, who lives in Houston would come here, out of harm's way. I say this knowing full well that if I were in Houston, I would not evacuate, on the information that is available now. Just the same, I wish she would load her baby in the car and come stay with me until the storm has passed.

Stay dry.

Molly

No comments: