Monday, September 1, 2008

The Levees Held

I was in Birmingham before the storm hit, so my flight home Sunday Evening was cancelled. Mr. Molly stayed behind with the critters. After several hours of not being able to get through, and watching the news, which I found to be very unsettling, he finally got in touch with me. Yes the levees were overtopped, but, it appears that they have held. The power is still out, but otherwise our little neighborhood survived the storm relatively unscathed.

I am very grateful to all of our neighbors who did stay behind for the fellowship that they have offered Mr. Molly. Also, I am very grateful for the good sense shown by Bob Breck thoughout this storm. I checked his blog frequently when MSNBC began to make me nervous for Mr. Molly and the "fur kids."

In the meantime, I have caught a cold and I suspect that I have inadvertently swallowed sandpaper, so I am not going to fly home until the weekend.

No comments: