Thursday, February 5, 2009

Christian Bale

I have read a lot about Christian Bale's filthy diatribe against a cinematographer who apparently interrupted his scene. Several of the people with whom I have discussed this have been quick to remind me that I have had my mouth washed out with soap enough times to be able to identify Ivory, Zest and Irish Spring in a blind taste test. These people miss the point.

I admit that I have been known to use the occasional expletive (as in "Oh S#!T, I just drove over my glasses.") I don't even deny that I have a tendency to lose my temper. I am, after all, a flawed human being. That is not why this is important. If it had merely been a few words spoken in frustration, I doubt anyone would have cared. This was out of control and scary.

I listened to the whole thing, and I hope that I never meet this cretin. I cannot even begin to imagine what would provoke me to act that ugly to another human being. Certainly not the act that provoked this tirade.

My bottom line here is pretty simple. I think that Christian Bale is a bully. I don't like bullies.

UPDATE: Okay, I could have just saved the bandwidth and posted a link to Andrew Klavan's musings on Big Hollywood.

No comments: