Monday, February 2, 2009

Don't Drive Angry

I was actually going to post something else today, but it involves me posting links and I have had one of those days. I was thrown into a panic, because I got a letter from the state bar of one of the states in which I hold a license, saying that I was not in compliance with its CLE requirement. Aaaaargh! Of course I went into a panic. Anyway, I finally got in touch with the person in charge of compliance and everything is fine, but I had a bunch of other fires to put out as well, and the stress of the day has basically rendered me incapable of coherent thought. Mr. Molly is pouring me a glass of wine, as I type.

Today is Groundhog Day. Yay. I used to have a party to celebrate, at which I would serve Woodchuck Cider and various other groundhog appropriate foods (my definition of "groundhog appropriate" was pretty lax, so noone went hungry.)We would watch the movie Groundhog Day and my godchild would crawl out of a cave and pretend to see his shadow. Well, I stopped having the party, because once he turned about seven, my dear godchild refused to cooperate. After he was eight, I could not even buy his cooperation with ice cream. Go figure. Anyway, the whole idea of Groundhog Day still amuses me. I even had one of my former boyfriends convinced that the stock market was closed on Groundhog Day.

Mr. Molly is, of course, much smarter than that, and when I tried to convince him that he would have the day off on Groundhog Day, he just laughed at me. I just wish I could get him on board with the the idea of replacing Valentines Day (which didn't end all that well for St. Valentine, if memory serves)with Groundhog Day. Oh well. I've got another 50 or so years to work on him.

No comments: